When was the last time the roof on your home or business was inspected?
Likely the answer might be “I don’t know” or “when the business was purchased,” Often, one of the most important parts of the home or building goes unnoticed, that is, until an emergency arises.
To extend the life of a roof and prevent unnecessary damages and or cost, the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA) recommends hiring a professional roofing inspector to examine the roof at least twice a year, once after summer and once after winter. The need for inspection is especially important if the roof has experienced: high winds, hot summer temperatures, cold winter temperatures, hail, snow, or other environmental factors.
5 Reasons for a Professional Roof Inspection:
- Routine Maintenance – Just like your vehicle, your roof needs regular maintenance. As roofs age and weather, openings may occur and water can infiltrate the home. Roofs are exposed to the weather 365 days a year and 24 hours a day. When a homeowner can schedule maintenance and repairs before an issue arises the cost and damages are usually considerably lower.
- Weather Damage – Likely the roof is the last of your worries after a large storm, but it may have suffered damage without your knowledge. While a leak may be the reason you seek a roof inspection, there could be an underlying issue causing the leak. Georgia and Alabama may not see snow often, but high winds and extreme temperatures can cause havoc on a roof. Tree limbs and gutters can also cause issues to the soundness of the roof structure and roofing felt. Having a professional inspection after a storm is always a smart choice, as there may have been damages that the untrained eye may not notice.
- Roof Warranty – Did you know? A well-maintained roof can have a shelf life of 25 years. If your home is under warranty, your roof may be as well. Many states require a professional roof inspection prior to the sale/purchase of a home. So check out your home warranty and ask a roofing professional whether or not to file a warranty claim.
- Avoid High-Priced Repairs – Play it safe! A well-maintained roof is a safe roof. No one wants an unexpected repair or severe home damage. By staying up with the maintenance of your roof, you can avoid pricey fixes down the road.
- Peace of Mind – Hiring a professional roof inspector will not only give you peace of mind, but they are also capable of repairing the problem areas and keeping your home or business safe, dry, and damage-free.
Contact us to learn more about professional roof inspections and to get a free estimate.